As a general rule, we aim not to collect any information which would put us in the position of being able to identify an individual. We may deviate from this rule only where we have the users' consent, where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to them, or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
At the user’s discretion, they can provide us with information, and some information is automatically provided by the user’s internet browser when they visit the Website. These types of information and our respective processing purposes are as follows:
Type of information:
Name, E-mail address, Company name, Position, Phone number, Country
- If a user subscribes to our newsletter by providing us with an e-mail address or would like to download material from our website, we use the contact information to provide them with the requested services.
- If a user is already a client of LAB51, we will use their e-mail address, name, and business information to maintain their account and let them use the products and services offered by LAB51.
Browser type and version, Operating system, Referrer URL, LAB51 URLs that are accessed, Date and time of the access, IP address (anonymized), Cookies
- Log file data are automatically provided by internet browsers.
- Collecting this information enables us to better understand the users who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes, retargeting campaigns, measuring the success of our marketing campaigns, and improving the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
If we require personal information not described above, the user will be asked for their consent, and the reasons will be made clear to them at the point where the information is collected.
We are using the analysis tool Google Analytics for anonymized analysis of website usage. This is necessary to keep improving our content and usability. The collected data is anonymized (i.e. IP Addresses are masked) and stored in the EU on our own servers and is not shared with any third party nor sent outside of the EU.
GDPR: Legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for collecting and processing the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and process it. In accordance with the European GDPR, we collect and process personal information from users only where we have their consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR), where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to them (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR) or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
If a user wishes to learn more about specific legal ground(s) we rely on to process their information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process information), they may contact us using the details provided below under “Contact Us.” However, by way of example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for direct marketing purposes and for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by a user’s data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR).
LAB51 does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you believe your child has provided LAB51 with personal information, such as by registering at the Website, and you would like to have the data removed, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
How long do we keep user information?
We retain personal information we collect from users as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide users with a service they have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
Information that is transferred to us by third parties will be deleted after a maximum period of 13 months or earlier. Summarized data is kept indefinitely. Summarized data is aggregated statistical data used for financial reporting purposes.
User data protection rights
Users have the following data protection rights:
- If a user wishes to access, correct, update, or request deletion of their personal information collected on the Website, or withdraw their consent they can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below. Withdrawing their consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to their withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of their personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- In addition, if a user is subject to the European Data Protection Regulation, they can object to the processing of their personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information or request portability of their personal information. Again, they can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- Users have the right to opt out of our marketing communications at any time. They can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send them. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), users can contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or if you have questions about privacy on LAB51, please contact our Data Protection Representative using the following details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller of your personal information is:
LAB 51 Inc.
548 Market St,
San Francisco CA 94104